03 April, 2013

Allotment Update 02/04/13

Well I have been to plot B195 a few more times now and worked the ground a bit more. As it is such a large area and the weather not cooperating it has been difficult to accomplish as much as I would like. The work I have done over the past two weeks has been to dig and turn the soil, and remove as many of the weeds and their roots as possible. I did attempt to fix the largest retaining wall, but discovered it was a task I needed to leave for another time, or when I have a few people to help me. On Sunday I had my friend John assist me with digging and planting some early season vegetables, and start the sorting of bricks that had been piled on site. Anyone that works with me over the growing season will be payed with vegetables, as long as it is a good year for crop growing.

As I stated in my last post I would provide photos of new developments.

Carrots, radish, beets, beans, peas, parsnip, onions planted in these rows

The salvaged bricks(240) from the pile to its left against the hill

Courgette(zucchini), cucumber and pumpkin planted in these mounds

Where the carrots and other seeds are & one of the retaining walls I need to replace

The largest retaining wall I attempted to fix(near the gate), but decided to leave to a later date

No comments:

Post a Comment